Myrtle Beach Plumbing Hints & Tips
1. Insulate outside hose bibs during the winter months.
2. Keep heat on a minimum of 58 degrees even if you are not in the home and open all cabinets under sinks.
3. Pour bio-degradable, non-toxic, environmentally safe antifreeze in all toilets, sinks, tubs, showers and washing machine drain lines.
4. Shut water off to home and leave faucets open.
5. If you notice your water heater leaking, immediately turn off breaker and water and call a licensed plumber. (Our number is 843-903-6060)
6. Washing Machine hoses should be replaced every 3-5 years if they are the black rubber hoses. Braided stainless steel we recommend every 10 years.
7. You should clean your garbage disposal every 1-2 weeks by pouring a large glass of ice in disposal. Turn disposal on to chop up ice very fine. Then turn on the cold water and let run with disposal for about 30 – 45 seconds. This will clean off any excess foods from the walls of the disposal as well as sharpen the blades.
8. Disconnect all hoses from your outside faucets to avoid freezing.
Request A Visit
Regular maintenance can
lead to better performance.